Zika Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Zika virus. Zika virus (ZIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the flavivirus genus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease (Zika) are fever, rash, joint pain, and red eye. The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon. The symptoms of Zika are similar to those of dengue and chikungunya, which are diseases caused by other viruses spread by the same type of mosquitoes. Zika virus can be spread from a pregnant woman to her unborn baby. There have been reports of a serious birth defect of the brain called microcephaly and other poor pregnancy outcomes in babies of mothers who were infected with Zika virus while pregnant. On February 1st, 2016, the WHO declared the Zika outbreak as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). As of August 2017 the number of new Zika virus cases in the Americas had fallen dramatically.
The objectives of Zika Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for zika fever and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to zika.
- Mosquito trapping starts in Kalamazoo County for EEE, zika surveillance - MLive.com
Wed, 03 Jun 2020 20:26 GMT
- New Zika Cases in Brazil Overshadowed by Covid-19 - Human Rights Watch
Thu, 28 May 2020 15:02 GMT
- Did Contaminated Water Exacerbate Brazilian Babies’ Zika Symptoms? - The Scientist
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 04:06 GMT
- Only One US Territory Reported Zika Cases in 2020 - Zika News
Fri, 29 May 2020 18:15 GMT
- Mosquito Control During Local Transmission of Zika Virus - Medscape
Wed, 13 May 2020 04:12 GMT
- Lessons from the Zika vaccine - The Ledger
Mon, 25 May 2020 07:00 GMT
- Zika Virus Tied to Profound Developmental Delays | Health News - U.S. News & World Report
Mon, 11 May 2020 07:00 GMT
- The frequency and clinical presentation of Zika virus coinfections: a systematic review - World - ReliefWeb
Thu, 07 May 2020 09:53 GMT
- Women's Awareness About Zika Virus During Pregnancy - Medscape
Wed, 20 May 2020 04:07 GMT
- Baculovirus Surface Display of Zika Virus Envelope Protein Protects against Virus Challenge in Mouse Model. - Physician's Weekly
Mon, 01 Jun 2020 05:42 GMT
- Zika infection confirmed in Da Nang - VnExpress International
Tue, 26 May 2020 06:43 GMT
- Zika infection soon after birth leads to long-term brain and behavior problems - Medical Xpress
Tue, 26 May 2020 14:46 GMT
- Zika virus linked to significant developmental delays - UPI News
Tue, 12 May 2020 07:00 GMT
- The absolute report will add the study for Impact of COVID-19 in Zika Virus Testing Global Industry - Jewish Life News
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 05:18 GMT
- Fight the bite and kick the tick! - Gulf Breeze News
Thu, 04 Jun 2020 12:04 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Invasive mosquito - Spain: (IB)
Tue, 26 May 2020 21:25:04 -0400
Dengue, Zika virus, West Nile Virus -- Spain
Ibiza has been plagued with an invasion of Asian tiger mosquitoes -- 4 times bigger than normal -- as swimming pools in the vacation hotspot are left untreated during the coronavirus pandemic, according to a new report.
The critters -- which carry diseases like Zika virus, West Nile virus and dengue fever -- have likely thrived since the closure of hotels and holiday villas on the Spanish island, The Sun reported. [The vector of West Nile virus are in the genus _Culex_. - Mod.TY]
- Embedded model discrepancy: A case study of Zika modeling.
- "Very busy": daily reorganization of mothers to care of children with Congenital Zika Syndrome.
- Immunological Memory to Zika Virus in a University Community in Colombia, South America.
- Neurodevelopmental findings in children 20-30 months of age with postnatal Zika infection at 1-12 months of age, Colombia, September-November 2017.
- Zika Virus NS3 Protease Pharmacophore Anchor Model and Drug Discovery.
- Another piece of the Zika puzzle: assessing the associated factors to microcephaly in a systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Current Status of Zika Virus Vaccines: Successes and Challenges.
- Reporter Replicons for Antiviral Drug Discovery against Positive Single-Stranded RNA Viruses.