Zika Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Zika virus. Zika virus (ZIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the flavivirus genus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease (Zika) are fever, rash, joint pain, and red eye. The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon. The symptoms of Zika are similar to those of dengue and chikungunya, which are diseases caused by other viruses spread by the same type of mosquitoes. Zika virus can be spread from a pregnant woman to her unborn baby. There have been reports of a serious birth defect of the brain called microcephaly and other poor pregnancy outcomes in babies of mothers who were infected with Zika virus while pregnant. On February 1st, 2016, the WHO declared the Zika outbreak as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). As of August 2017 the number of new Zika virus cases in the Americas had fallen dramatically.
The objectives of Zika Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for zika fever and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to zika.
- New estimate shows frequency of Zika-associated birth defects in US - Healio
Fri, 21 Jan 2022 19:21 GMT
- Researchers pinpoint how Zika virus evades cell's antiviral response: Site of virus-host interaction offers new target for antiviral therapeutics - Science Daily
Tue, 18 Jan 2022 21:12 GMT
- New study raises prospect of Zika virus therapy - The Federal
Wed, 05 Jan 2022 08:00 GMT
- Zika Virus Market Analysis, Rising Trends and Outlook to 2031 | Bharat Biotech, Inovio Pharmaceuticals And Geneone Life Sciences, Intrexon, Cerus – The Oxford Spokesman - The Oxford Spokesman
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 14:15 GMT
- To Study Zika, They Offered Their Kids. Then They Were Forgotten. - Undark Magazine
Wed, 06 Oct 2021 07:00 GMT
- State House committee debated religion — and kept the discussion civil - Florida Phoenix
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 18:41 GMT
- Baby Mosquito Repellent Wipes Market Scope (2022-2029) | Cutter, REPEL, Zika Wipes, Ben's – The Oxford Spokesman - The Oxford Spokesman
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 04:26 GMT
- Mosquito Repellent Wipes Market Growth (2022-2029) | Cutter, REPEL, Zika Wipes, Ben's – The Oxford Spokesman - The Oxford Spokesman
Wed, 26 Jan 2022 04:26 GMT
- COVID-19 Analysis for Global Zika Virus Vaccines Market Market 2022-2031 | NHI, Sanofi, GSK, Bharat. – The Oxford Spokesman - The Oxford Spokesman
Tue, 25 Jan 2022 08:48 GMT
- Zika Virus Infection Drug Market 2022-2030, By Top Key Company Profiles – Emergent BioSolutions, Valneva, Moderna, Novavax, Johnson & Johnson – Construction News Portal - Construction News Portal
Thu, 27 Jan 2022 12:59 GMT
- Zika Virus Disease – India - World Health Organization
Thu, 14 Oct 2021 07:00 GMT
- India's latest Zika outbreak sees surge of nearly 100 cases - Reuters
Mon, 08 Nov 2021 08:00 GMT
- Zika virus: Symptoms, prevention, history and treatment. Check all details - Mint
Fri, 09 Jul 2021 07:00 GMT
- A mutation-mediated evolutionary adaptation of Zika virus in mosquito and mammalian host - pnas.org
Tue, 19 Oct 2021 07:00 GMT
- Zika 5 years later: Still much to learn as 'likely' future outbreak looms - Healio
Thu, 14 Jan 2021 08:00 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Invasive mosquito - France (03): (BT)
Mon, 06 Sep 2021 21:28:53 -0400
Yellow Fever, Zika virus, Dengue, Chikungunya -- France
A potentially deadly mosquito that can carry viruses such as yellow fever and Zika has been spotted in Brittany, northern France, sparking fears they may soon land on British shores. Asian tiger mosquitoes [_Aedes albopictus_] have been confirmed to be in the commune of Domagne in the department of Ile-et-Vilaine in western Brittany.
Health authorities are preparing an intensive campaign to rid the area of the insects with strong insecticides.
The creatures were 1st seen in France in the
- Neutrophil to lymphocyte ratio in the prediction of coagulopathy in traumatic brain injury Thu, 27 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Aim: Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is a public health issue of increasing incidence. Coagulopathy after TBI is a frequent event, associated with a poor prognosis, and biomarkers that could predict coagulopathy occurrence are needed. The neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio (NLR) is useful as a cost-effective biomarker to assess prognosis and the need for cranial computed tomography in patients with mild TBI. As no study has yet evaluated the association of NLR with coagulopathy, we investigated whether...
- ONTdeCIPHER: An amplicon-based nanopore sequencing pipeline for tracking pathogen variants Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
MOTIVATION: Amplicon-based nanopore sequencing is increasingly used for molecular surveillance during epidemics (e.g. ZIKA, EBOLA) or pandemics (e.g. SARS-CoV-2). However, there is still a lack of versatile and easy-to-use tools that allow users with minimal bioinformatics skills to perform the main steps of downstream analysis, from quality testing to SNPs effect to phylogenetic analysis.
- Emerging tropical neurological infections Wed, 26 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
A large majority of neurological infections remain undiagnosed worldwide. Emerging and re-emerging infections are likely to be responsible for a significant proportion of these. Over the last two decades, several new organisms producing neurological infection and the neurotropic potential of many other known pathogens have been identified. Large outbreaks caused by re-emerging pathogens such as Chikungunya virus, Zika virus and Ebola virus have led to better delineation of their neurological...
- Evidence against Zika virus infection of pets and peri-domestic animals in Latin America and Africa Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Decades after its discovery in East Africa, Zika virus (ZIKV) emerged in Brazil in 2013 and infected millions of people during intense urban transmission. Whether vertebrates other than humans are involved in ZIKV transmission cycles remained unclear. Here, we investigate the role of different animals as ZIKV reservoirs by testing 1723 sera of pets, peri-domestic animals and African non-human primates (NHP) sampled during 2013-2018 in Brazil and 2006-2016 in Côte d'Ivoire. Exhaustive...
- Antenatal Seroprevalence of Zika and Chikungunya Viruses, Kingston Metropolitan Area, Jamaica, 2017-2019 Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
To determine the extent of exposure to Zika virus (ZIKV) and chikungunya virus (CHIKV) in Jamaica, we collected serum from 584 pregnant women during 2017-2019. We found that 15.6% had antibodies against ZIKV and 83.6% against CHIKV. These results indicate potential recirculation of ZIKV but not CHIKV in the near future.
- Clinical Features and Neurodevelopmental Outcomes for Infants with Perinatal Vertical Transmission of Zika Virus, Colombia Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Transplacental transmission of Zika virus has been reported during all trimesters of pregnancy and might lead to central nervous system anomalies, including microcephaly. We report 3 cases of perinatal Zika infection identified during the epidemic in Colombia and provide detailed descriptions of clinical features, diagnosis, and neurodevelopmental outcome at 18 months of age (corrected).
- Concurrent Zika virus infection and tuberculosis: An estimated incidence in endemic tropical country Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
- Molecular xenomonitoring of Dengue, Chikungunya and Zika infections: a year-round study from two Dengue endemic districts of central India Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
BACKGROUND & OBJECTIVES: Infections caused by arboviruses and transmitted by Aedes species mosquitoes are a serious health concern. India is endemic for diseases like Dengue, Chikungunya and recently Zika has been reported from few states. Vector control is the only way to contain these diseases, however, data regarding vectors from central India is lacking; to fulfill the lacuna we conducted this study.
- A flavivirus-inducible gene expression system that modulates broad-spectrum antiviral activity against dengue and Zika viruses Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Incidence of dengue virus (DENV) and Zika virus (ZIKV), two mosquito-borne flaviviruses, is increasing in large parts of the world. Vaccination and medication for these diseases are unsatisfactory. Here, we developed a novel antiviral approach, using a virus-inducible gene expression system, to block virus replication and transmission. Constructs containing the smallest replication units of dengue virus serotype 2 (DENV2) with negative-stranded DENV2 artificial genomes and genes of interest were...
- Betacoronavirus-specific alternate splicing Tue, 25 Jan 2022 06:00:00 -0500
Viruses can subvert a number of cellular processes including splicing in order to block innate antiviral responses, and many viruses interact with cellular splicing machinery. SARS-CoV-2 infection was shown to suppress global mRNA splicing, and at least 10 SARS-CoV-2 proteins bind specifically to one or more human RNAs. Here, we investigate 17 published experimental and clinical datasets related to SARS-CoV-2 infection as well as datasets from the betacoronaviruses SARS-CoV and MERS as well as...