Zika Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Zika virus. Zika virus (ZIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the flavivirus genus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease (Zika) are fever, rash, joint pain, and red eye. The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon. The symptoms of Zika are similar to those of dengue and chikungunya, which are diseases caused by other viruses spread by the same type of mosquitoes. Zika virus can be spread from a pregnant woman to her unborn baby. There have been reports of a serious birth defect of the brain called microcephaly and other poor pregnancy outcomes in babies of mothers who were infected with Zika virus while pregnant. On February 1st, 2016, the WHO declared the Zika outbreak as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). As of August 2017 the number of new Zika virus cases in the Americas had fallen dramatically.
The objectives of Zika Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for zika fever and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to zika.
- Lessons unlearned: Four years before the CDC fumbled coronavirus testing, the agency made some of the same mistakes with Zika - The Washington Post
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 23:11 GMT
- Four years before the CDC fumbled coronavirus testing, the agency made some of the same mistakes with Zika - Seattle Times
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 13:46 GMT
- Zika virus 'harms baby brain collagen development' - SciDev.Net
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 07:00 GMT
- What You Need to Know About Zika Virus - Treehugger
Wed, 17 Jun 2020 14:28 GMT
- Too much of a good thing? IFITM3 only restricts Zika virus when overexpressed - Fred Hutch News Service
Mon, 15 Jun 2020 07:00 GMT
- Terrifying new Zika virus strain could cause another epidemic in Brazil - Express.co.uk
Thu, 25 Jun 2020 07:00 GMT
- New antivirals for influenza and Zika - Science Daily
Tue, 09 Jun 2020 07:00 GMT
- Galidesivir Stops Zika Viral Replication in Primate Model - GlobeNewswire
Wed, 10 Jun 2020 18:03 GMT
- Global Zika Virus Market with Coronavirus (COVID-19) Impact Analysis | likewise Industry is Booming Globaly with Top Players | Bharat Biotech, Inovio Pharmaceuticals and GeneOne Life Sciences, Intrexon, Cerus, Sanofi - Jewish Life News
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 16:43 GMT
- 2020 Current trends in Zika Virus Market Is Booming Worldwide| Global Industry Size, Growth, Segments, Revenue, Manufacturers - Owned
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 11:11 GMT
- Mosquito carrying Zika identified in Wayne County - WZZM13.com
Fri, 26 Jun 2020 20:31 GMT
- HBCU scientist working on COVID-19 antiviral - Tennessean
Thu, 02 Jul 2020 13:44 GMT
- Mosquito known to carry yellow fever found in Merced County - KFSN-TV
Sun, 05 Jul 2020 00:10 GMT
- Potential impact of coronavirus outbreak on Zika Virus Infection Drug Market – Latest Innovations, Drivers and Industry Key Events 2019– 2027 - Daily Research Chronicles
Sat, 04 Jul 2020 12:37 GMT
- Humans contribute to apparent increase in zoonotic diseases - Spectrum News 1
Fri, 03 Jul 2020 15:44 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Invasive mosquito - USA (03): (MI)
Sat, 27 Jun 2020 21:40:40 -0400
Dengue, Chikungunya, Zika virus, La Crosse Encephalitis -- United States
Barely a month and a half after the invasion of the so-called "murder hornets," the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services (MDHHS) has identified specimens of the invasive and disease-carrying Asian tiger mosquito (_Aedes albopictus_) in Wayne County, the state's most populous county.
The mosquito, which is identifiable by its trademark white bands on its legs and body, was first found in the state back in 2017, according to local news station WNEM.
Scientists say the warming
- Gestational outcomes in women infected by Zika virus during pregnancy in Mato Grosso do Sul, Brazil: cross-sectional study.
- Intermolecular interactions of cn-716 and acyl-KR-aldehyde dipeptide inhibitors against Zika virus.
- Safety and immunogenicity of a Zika purified inactivated virus vaccine given via standard, accelerated, or shortened schedules: a single-centre, double-blind, sequential-group, randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 1 trial.
- Vaccine development during global epidemics: the Zika experience.
- Emergence of Zika Virus in Culex tritaeniorhynchus and Anopheles sinensis Mosquitoes in China.
- Limited influence of the microbiome on the transcriptional profile of female Aedes aegypti mosquitoes.
- Hearing and communicative skills in the first years of life in children with congenital Zika syndrome.
- Epidemiology and genetic diversity of circulating dengue viruses in Medellin, Colombia: a fever surveillance study.