Zika Virus Net is the web resource for anyone interested in Zika virus. Zika virus (ZIKV) is an insect-borne virus, of the flavivirus genus, that is spread by Aedes mosquitoes. The most common symptoms of Zika virus disease (Zika) are fever, rash, joint pain, and red eye. The illness is usually mild with symptoms lasting from several days to a week. Severe disease requiring hospitalization is uncommon. The symptoms of Zika are similar to those of dengue and chikungunya, which are diseases caused by other viruses spread by the same type of mosquitoes. Zika virus can be spread from a pregnant woman to her unborn baby. There have been reports of a serious birth defect of the brain called microcephaly and other poor pregnancy outcomes in babies of mothers who were infected with Zika virus while pregnant. On February 1st, 2016, the WHO declared the Zika outbreak as a Public Health Emergency of International Concern (PHEIC). As of August 2017 the number of new Zika virus cases in the Americas had fallen dramatically.
The objectives of Zika Virus Net are to be the public and professional information resource for zika fever and to serve as a network in the exchange of information and news related to zika.
- Mosquito that can carry Zika virus turns up near Isleton, vector district officials say - Sacramento Bee
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 21:32 GMT
- Zika Epidemic Was More Widespread Than Thought: Study - U.S. News & World Report
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- How Zika virus degrades essential protein for neurological development via autophagy - Science Daily
Mon, 28 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- The Americas Vastly Under-Counted Zika Cases - Zika News
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 20:20 GMT
- Zika infections drastically underreported during 2015 epidemic - Science Daily
Thu, 01 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Vertical transmission of Zika virus and its outcomes: a Bayesian synthesis of prospective studies - DocWire News
Sat, 17 Oct 2020 06:00 GMT
- Blocking Zika virus maternal-to-fetal transmission using innovative “organ in a dish” - Bangkok Post
Wed, 21 Oct 2020 04:58 GMT
- Sacramento officials find mosquitoes that can carry Zika virus near Arden Arcade park - Sacramento Bee
Wed, 07 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- Risk of Zika Virus Vertical Transmission Reported at 47% - Zika News
Mon, 19 Oct 2020 19:10 GMT
- Zika and other arboviruses linked to neurological issues - Medical News Today
Sat, 26 Sep 2020 07:00 GMT
- Global $245.6 Million Zika Virus Testing Market - Trajectory & Analytics, 2012-2019 & 2020-2027 - GlobeNewswire
Thu, 08 Oct 2020 11:34 GMT
- Zika Virus Testing Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Product Types, And Applications Forecast To 2026 - PRnews Leader
Thu, 22 Oct 2020 21:06 GMT
- Breast Milk Found Protective Against Zika - Zika News
Tue, 13 Oct 2020 23:44 GMT
- Global Zika Virus Testing Market Report 2020 with Profiles of Biocan Diagnostics, Chembio Diagnostic Systems, F. Hoffmann-La Roche, Hologic, Quest Diagnostics, SD Biosensor - PRNewswire
Fri, 16 Oct 2020 16:30 GMT
- 2020 Zika Virus Market Spotlight: Inovio Leads Industry Sponsors with Four Clinical Trials, Followed by GeneOne, Moderna, and Sanofi - PRNewswire
Mon, 12 Oct 2020 07:00 GMT
- PRO/AH/EDR> Invasive mosquito - USA (09): (CA)
Fri, 09 Oct 2020 15:58:45 -0400
Pests -- United States
Even as the Sacramento Valley cools down, the yellow fever mosquito is being discovered in traps in new areas. Some were found this week near Cresta Park in the Arden Arcade area, the Sacramento-Yolo Mosquito and Vector Control District announced on Wednesday [7 Oct 2020].
This aggressive day-biting pest, formally known as _Aedes aegypti_, can carry not only yellow fever but also Zika virus, dengue and chikungunya [viruses]. While mosquitoes breed more quickly during the heat of summer,
- ✰Prevalence and diagnostic accuracy of microcephaly in a pediatric cohort in Brazil: A retrospective cross-sectional study.
- Comparison of climatic factors on mosquito abundance at US Army Garrison Humphreys, Republic of Korea.
- What are the implications of Zika Virus for infant feeding? A synthesis of qualitative evidence concerning Congenital Zika Syndrome (CZS) and comparable conditions.
- Prenatal cytomegalovirus, rubella, and Zika virus infections associated with developmental disabilities: past, present, and future.
- [Which Industries Are Economically Relevant to the System?]
- Mental Models of Infectious Diseases and Public Understanding of COVID-19 Prevention.
- Disruption of Zika Virus xrRNA1-Dependent sfRNA1 Production Results in Tissue-Specific Attenuated Viral Replication.
- Accuracy of the Zika IgM Antibody Capture Enzyme-Linked Immunosorbent Assay from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC Zika MAC-ELISA) for Diagnosis of Zika Virus Infection.