- PRO/AH/EDR> Zika virus (02): Americas, Asia, research, observations
Wed, 20 Mar 2019 14:00:33 -0400
Zika virus -- Worldwide/Unknown
Julia A. Brown, Gursewwak Singh, Joshua A. Acklin, Silviana Lee, James E. Duehr, Anupa N. Chokola et al. Dengue Virus Immunity Increases Zika Virus-Induced Damage During Pregnancy.
- Dengue-specific antibodies can enhance Zika virus pathogenesis during pregnancy
- Enhancement of Zika pathogenesis was observed in the placenta, not in the fetus
- Placental damage was associated with an increase in infected trophoblasts
- This process was found to be FcyR mediated